Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend - Wedding

So here's a recap of my weekend home - video style!

On Friday bright and early I flew out from Reagan National Airport. I was worried with the holiday that it might take me longer to get through security, so I got up at 6 and was at the airport by 7 to make my 10:15 flight. Needless to say I sat in the terminal for awhile - I was through security by 7:30. Whoops! Maybe I'll become a more savvy flier as time goes.

My mom picked me up from the airport and we did some fun things around Cleveland - the Great Lakes Brewery for lunch, and the West Side Market to get some snacks for the weekend. That night I went on a picnic with Ian and saw Toy Story 3 in 3D - it was great! I'd really recommend it for people my age - it seemed like it was geared toward kids who grew up with the original Toy Story.

The next morning my mom and I headed to Columbus to do a little shopping before I went to my cousin's wedding. I met up with Annie for lunch at Cosi:



And then we went over to get ready!

I put together highlights of the wedding:



In short - it was fantastic. I really enjoyed seeing my family, and I think everybody had a great time!













On Sunday, we grabbed some breakfast at NorthStar Cafe. For anybody in or even remotely near the Columbus area, you MUST check out this restaurant, located in the Short North. Their food is phenomenal - they've got fresh squeezed orange juice that'll revive you after any long night, great breakfast fare, and no matter how full you are, grab a chocolate cookie for the road - it'll make you speechless.

Update on the 4th (and other exciting things more related to work) soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment