Monday, July 12, 2010

DC Zoo

So this past weekend I went to the zoo with my friend Ryan - a fellow OU graduate who started his internship (in the photo department) today! It's nice to have a friendly face at work. Here's some video from our adventures:



Our goal - see the pandas! We had to wait in a decent line (I've never waited in line to see anything at a zoo before) but it definitely paid off:



Panda!

The Zoo is actually part of the Smithsonian, so on top of having a lot of unusual animals, it was free. Always a plus.



Weird long neck turtles.



Craazy huge snake. I was glad there was glass between me and this guy.



Emu! I think I've seen ostriches but I don't think I've ever seen an emu.



I think the cutest little guys (besides the pandas) were the elephant nose shrews and the way they sniffed around with their noses. (Sorry, zoo posts aren't very informative, mostly just commenting on the cute animals.)

It was a very hot day - I think we stopped at every drinking fountain to refill our water bottles - but very enjoyable. I'm a little more than halfway through the major Smithsonian museums, so I think I'm making good progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment