Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake and Other Tasty Treats

Hi guys! My past week/weekend has been filled with lots of friends and sharing great food and drinks with them. It's been a really great and relaxing time.

Last weekend I got the chance to hitch a ride to Athens with some friends from school. I spent the weekend swimming, hanging out and trying new beers at the Brew Week festivities, catching up with my advisor over juice and treats at the Village Bakery, and getting Casa's Bodega. Twice. Needless to say, I enjoyed Athens food. : )

I'm sorry I don't have any photos to update from my weekend, because I really did have an awesome time! Between the long commute to get there and getting caught up in all the fun I let the cameras stay home this weekend.

However, my friend Mallorie came into town on Monday to sight see for the day and after I got off work we got even more delicious food, and I captured some of that. We swung by Bread and Brew for dinner - I went with some people from work for happy hour last week, and had liked the pizza, so I thought it'd be a good bet. This time we sat upstairs and I was very happy with their selection of vegetarian and vegan-friendly soups, salads, sandwiches and pizzas.



(Image from urbanspoon)

Then we set out in search of Georgetown Cupcake - Mallorie had it on her list of things she couldn't miss, and somehow we navigated through crazy Georgetown parking and a line out the door to get there! I was really glad we went - everything was cute and well designed, and the cupcakes were delicious.

I stuck with two types of Chocolate, my favorite, but they had a lot of unusual flavors that rotate during the week, like Honey Banana, Key Lime, and Salted Caramel. Mallorie even got a Blueberry Muffin flavored cupcake. I definitely want to go back to try their classic Red Velvet cupcake, and a Carrot one too!

Here's a video of our adventures - thanks to Mal for being such a good sport about my interviews and cupcake testing video! : )



All in all, it's been a whirlwind of a weekend and beginning of the week, but work has been going well and on top of it I've enjoyed relaxing with friends and taking the chance to try new things in DC.

To cap off my delicious weekend, I stopped at Whole Foods on my way home from work today to get some essentials - I was drooling over their vegetarian options - and got a few light and easy to carry non-essentials to treat myself:



Chocolate macarons and fresh raspberries.

In summary: yum!

3 comments:

  1. What, no Bagel St? I'm disappointed in you =P

    Also, what are the chances that they ship cupcakes? Salted Caramel sounds deeeelish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I desperately wanted Bagel St. during brew week, but they weren't open, so I settled for some Big Mama's Chipotle Ranch. I think it was a good second. : ) And I'll find out! They only make them on tuesdays, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I told Mal about the place because some of our best friends ALWAYS go there and I knew she was gonna be seeing you so it obviously had to happen! Wish I could have been there. :-(

    ReplyDelete