Sunday, June 27, 2010

First Weekend - Potomac

On Saturday, I had one thing I wanted to accomplish - to go swimming! I've wanted to since I got here, and spending a week in 90 degree weather certainly helped that. My friend Eric's from the area, so he knew of some local swimming holes to show me.





We went swimming in the Potomac, which is a brackish (or partially salty) river that feeds into the Chesapeake Bay. It was kind of interesting - it looked like a river, but between the sandy beach, salt water, and even a few waves made by quick-moving powerboats, it definitely felt like a beach on the ocean.

So we made a sand castle!





EDIT: Eric posted a few photos over on his blog (check it out) so here's one of me!



It was really fun and silly - from adding cannons made of sticks to fighting off the waves, I felt like a little kid on vacation. All in all the day was really relaxing and a nice change of pace from the busy movement of the city.




No comments:

Post a Comment