Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fun Things Around the Building

I work within a group of buildings that includes a cafeteria, gym, museum, gift shop, med center, and even a post office - it's pretty much its own little world! Along with all of that, there's a lot of great sculptures and fountains around the area. When it's not too hot out and I've got time, I like to sit outside at lunch near the fountain and admire all the artwork.

Some of these are with my cell phone camera as I was popping in and out of work, so sorry about the hazyness.

My building!



Fountain shaped like a mountain ridge, the water runs over the left side.



And where there's water... there's a shark!



Dragonfly in the courtyard between the buildings.



And there's grasshoppers in the courtyard too! There's a neat giant golden beetle as well.



But I think my favorite thing is the fountain in the courtyard. It's supposed to represent the canyon walls of a river in a piece of literature (I can't remember at the moment, I'll update when I do). I really like the way it looks like a part of nature, yet honed into sculpture. Kinda neat.





No comments:

Post a Comment